Warhound Squadron update

Something I've been meaning to do for a long while is base the first Titan I painted, Warhound 4045 "Bella Morte" its been one of those jobs that felt like there was no rush to actually finish. Then Warhammer Fest landed quickly without much time to fully prep everything. I'd have loved to have had it done for that but just ran out of time. 


(Warhound Bella Morte, pre update)

Since Fest I've changed a few things on the hounds. 6901 Asende In Aeternum, got a new head. I'd bought an official FW one cheap on ebay which I was going to use for scenary. After Fest though I had a change of heart about a few things on my Titans. One of which was the skull on that Titans head, rather than just fully repaint it, I used the spare head. I also didn't like the shin armour on that particular Titan either it felt a bit too much yellow so went back to the half and half with freehand Victorum logo. 

(Warhound Asende In Aeternum pre update) 

I loved the idea of the skull, more than my actual execution of it. Honestly don't think I did a good enough job in fairness. I always thought it didn't look like a wolf skull so much, the shape of the Titans head doesn't lend itself to that easily like some of my other skull death masks.

Warhound Sanctificetur Venandi pre update) Warhound 3063 also got some new shin armour, now sporting a double aquila on each shin instead of chevrons, reducing the yellow a bit more.

Bella morte had two falls here, once randomly in the cabinet, for no reason. The other time it toppled over on the carpet, but as it had a track record of face planting on its own without being knocked, i wanted it based for Walks, it proved it couldn't be trusted! I didn't want it falling over, getting damaged or slowing a game down by needing repairs. Plus my OCD brain hated that it was the only Warhound left unbased. 

I also took the chance to put eye lenses in each cockpit. Red, to match the lenses on the rest of the Titans. I think they look so mean now!! 
The OOP lamp on the base to match TOC scenary. A nod to Titan Walk at Warhammer Fest.
Bella Morte based, used Goddenzilla as inspiration, had some Ryza ruins left over from the previous Warhound base, chopped up a Zone Mortalis floor tile. Makes it look like the engine is stood in an old ruined Forge, might have even been what was left of an old Titan factory after the Thramas Crusade! We will rebuild!! Went with the typical Mars colours of the building and floor ruins, (but also a little nod to Lee's Metalica legio, he helped me massively with my previous base and reds a nice pleasing complement colour to blue and yellow on the colour wheel!) I suck at basing models so I think it came out okay.

Ascende In Aeternum with new head and shin armour. Balances the colours better and a bit less yellow doesn't distract as much IMO.
The bases are different yet still look like they belong together. 
Love the red lenses, chopped up plastic from super glue packaging. Less plastic going to landfill and I think it really suits them. Finishes them off a bit. I go through a lot of super glue, so what, now I need to buy more Warhounds, for environmental purposes???
Ascende In Aeternum leads the pack through the ruins of Triplex Phall. The Night Lords had a party! 

Still have some ideas down the line for these Warhounds. Specifically the bases. Early days so we will see, but I'd love some additions on them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sokar Pattern Stormbird - Imperial Fists

Thunderhawk Gunship - Imperial Fists

Titan Prototypes and old rarities