Warhound Titan 7910 Umbra Venator (Shadow Hunter) - Legio Victorum

Warhound Titan 7910 Umbra Venator (Shadow Hunter) - Legio Victorum
 
Took my 3 Warhound Titans and made them into 4! Two hunting packs of two Hounds each. I had saved up for a Knight Porphyrion but as I had done 3 times before had a last min change of mind and got the Titan. I learned a lot from Warhammer Fest and if I want to keep attending games, maybe the smaller Titans are a lot more manageable for me to transport and maneuver in the game! 
The birth of a God-Engine. 
Scrub a dub pup, warhound in the tub! There wasn't a lot of visible release agent on the resin, its nice to see Forgeworld getting on top of that issue, its becoming rare again. I've had no problems with Forgeworld resin for a while now!
I have had pre built rescue hounds and help with my other Warhound Titans so weirdly, my 4th Warhound is the first I've done alone from start to finish! 
Wanted to get the toe angles right this time! My others are duck feet! 
This is how it was intended, up on its toes!
Titan stomp, didn't want to replicate any of my other Titans, so after a few changes of mind I ended up with this. Sometimes they just pose themselves. 

Based and ready for the fun to begin.
Was quite happy with how it was going at this point.

I wanted an aggressive looking pose and I think it worked out okay!
Primed and made a cheeky start on the toes. My problem with this build was just getting on with it and forgetting to take pics. 
Obligatory pistons that no one sees
Always happy to know the hidden details are done! 
Made a start on the bottom half armour panels.
It looks very blue early on!

I'd also but put haz stripes under the engine covers, something I'd thought of doing on my previous 3 Warhound Titans, felt like now or never to get that idea done! Also did the Legio symbol on the leg armour which is freehand and its not my strongest ability so I added left over decals from the old Gryphonicus decal sheet to draw the eye away from my brush work, I think it works well. 
Loving the hidden haz stripes tooked under the engine cowling. 

Really enjoying working on this.
I kept motoring on and forgetting to take pics, I was stopping painting as the light was dying. It's been a Dark wet summer really so daylight hasn't been kind.
Another day done and the sun setting on this Titan.
Made a start on the interior 

Of course it had to have chevrons and haz stripes all over! 

Progress in front of the rest of the Legio! 

Its nice to be able to check it in front of the other engines, no two is the same really. I mix my colours, the blue is 6 different blues, the yellow is 5 different yellows to build upto the final highlight. It means there will always be differences and none will have a uniform look. Which suits me. Lore wise they wouldn't have all rolled out the factory on one day! 
Red plastic lenses in too. I was going to not cut the resin flash out and just paint it. But it felt like the harder way was the correct way lol
Making good progress on the interior 

Almost there!!
Thats it for me, time to have break from this project! 

Warhound complete







My family of Warhounds! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sokar Pattern Stormbird - Imperial Fists

Thunderhawk Gunship - Imperial Fists

Titan Prototypes and old rarities