Horus Heresy Blood Angels v Imperial Fists May 2024!

My buddy Joe came up once again to have a glorious game of Horus Heresy. Blood Angels against my Imperial Fists making their debut in anger!

Deployed my Las Cannon team with a good arc of fire!

A 15 man blog of Mk3 tactical Marines would try and harass Joe from that objective hopefully the Apothecary would help keep them alive!


A 10 man Mk6 Tactical squad foot slogging. 

Joe's beautifully painted blood Angels wins the initiative and takes first turn. I prepair to take some brutal incoming. 

Joe is moving his tacticals to secure Objectives!!
My dedicated Templar Brethren are prepared for a brutal exchange over a hot objective!

I was awake at 4am the morning of the game still working on the Phalanx Warders inside that Land Raider Proteus!


It was pretty rewarding after all that work to see the army on the table!

Boom the Proteus is disintegrated, and half that Warder squad I was painting at 4 am was slain in the wreckage meaning they never saw the table!! New model syndrome in full effect!

One of Joe's Predators is popped! Happy to see that threat taken care of, although I love the paint work he's done on them. Definitely one of the prettiest battles I've ever had! Both armies did look stunning imo! (Even though mine wasn't finished yet!!!)






The Templar Brethren and Herald deploy close to a hot objective that would be fought over for most of the battle

Double trouble shows up close to my lines. 


with the rest of Joe's army deep striking in turn 2 the board looked so busy!

its not looking good for the Templar Breathren 

Joe's Terminators are going to shut down the Las Cannon Team.

The Mk3s managed to bully the Blood Angels off their objective.

My HQ and Warders trying to help out the depleted Templar Brethren.

mk6 tactical squad on the move

My HQ trying to hold the line against the surving Terminators. It didn't end up well!

By the end of the game, very little was left alive in typical Heresy fashion. The result was a hard fought draw which to be honest out of a game we enjoyed equally, was probably the correct result! 

We then got some nice shots of our armies. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sokar Pattern Stormbird - Imperial Fists

Thunderhawk Gunship - Imperial Fists

Titan Prototypes and old rarities